About Arise Therapeutics LLC
- Therapy that is individualized to help you find relief from pain. Not every shoulder, back, knee, neck, or wrist problem is alike
- Using simple, pure, and effective movements I work with you to discover what is causing your pain and what you can do to break the cycle
- When your muscles and joints move the way they were designed to move, you will feel less tension and more ease, and ultimately, less pain!
About Anne Woods
- As an occupational therapist at an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, I have seen what happens when you ignore tension and pain or think you will do something about it later.
- Arise Therapeutics was created in response to conversations with patients and their caregivers who told me they wanted to get better but didn’t know how.
- I offer treatment that is personal, gentle, not rushed, and individually designed in language that is easy to understand.
- Real change is possible. With my experience as a medical professional, certified yoga therapist, and with specialized training in craniosacral therapy, I can help you get out of pain and back into life
What Clients are saying
When I began working with Anne, I could not even lie flat for a minute because of breathing difficulties due to asthma. Anne has been gradually helping me deepen my breathing, especially extending the outbreath. She is the first person ever (!) to suggest that I could actually have some control over the asthma and teach me ways to take that control. As a result of her patient guidance, my symptoms have reduced to the point that I have not used my rescue inhaler for over four months, the longest since diagnosed with asthma 16 years ago. This alone has had a tremendous effect on my life and wellbeing. In addition to this physical benefit, the reduction of fear of not being able to breathe has been extended into other areas of my life as well. Anne has also helped me through a very difficult event (extreme reaction to pneumonia vaccination), alleviating the pain, and just as important, giving me ways to influence my response to pain. Another area is body awareness and relaxation. I have incorporated one simple standing exercise she taught me into my daily life, practicing this posture whenever I need grounding. Anne is especially good at making postures that seemed absolutely impossible at first not only possible but a welcome relief. She manages to encourage without pushing too hard, a very difficult balance to achieve. In addition to her expertise in specific postures, she is able to empower me to use and own what she teaches. Finally, I just want to add that Anne moves with an authentic humility and grace which makes trusting her wisdom possible, and working with her a gift. ~ DP, 63 years old
I sought out Anne's help for chronic neck and back pain that I've experienced for years now. In the past I have tried to address this problem through many modalities, including physical therapy, exercise, meditation, and bodywork. While I was hopeful for some alleviation of these symptoms, I wasn't anticipating the results to come so quickly. With the yoga therapy sessions and home program Anne designed for me, my decline in pain has been steady and consistent over a short period of time. Yet, what I am most surprised with is the new sense of presence I feel in my body on a daily basis, through the demands of my work and personal life. I didn't realize I was so out of touch with how I was moving or how my body felt and I feel much more empowered overall. I've seen improvements in my sleep cycles, pain levels, and making decisions to improve my health. I have even stopped smoking in this time period. Anne's keen observations, succinct and personalized instruction, and healing presence/guidance/encouragement have been such a gift. I recommend her services without hesitation or reservation. ~ TE, 37 years old
As an epileptic with grand mal seizures, I am used to trauma, but this past year I had some very serious accidents where I hit my face so hard during a seizure that I knocked my teeth out- not once, but twice. Anne’s work and guidance with me, both in yoga class and cranial sacral treatments, convinced me of what I was only barely starting to realize: that due to trauma, among other things, I was not in my body. With Anne I have slowly, and seemingly to me miraculously, found my way back to myself. Healing is no easy nor direct path, but through Anne- not just her classes or treatments but from who she just is and radiates as a unique human being, I have learned and gained more in a relatively short period of time than in all my years of chiropractic work, holistic chiro work, acupuncture, energy work and healing, psychic readings etc. Anne has shown me that Less is More is a profound concept on my journey to healing...Her insights literally knock me over- things I forget, she points out-where at the beginning not only was it hard for me to do, I couldn’t, and now, I can. It’s shocking when you think nothing is happening and realize so much is. It is subtle and real and being integrated into my existence. I feel very blessed to have found Anne Woods and her unique practice. ~ JC, 49 years old